Tag Archive: Rower
Why Hire a Rower?
Did you know that recent studies show that if thinking about losing weight, when you hire a rower you burn calories faster than biking at the same perceived level of exertion?
What are the other advantages of hiring a rower? In general people hire a rower because they recognise that it is a great form of upper body as well as lower body workout. It is also a low impact form of exercise if used correctly. We have written an article in another post which guides you in the correct way to use a rower for this who are looking for this sort of information.
But there is no question that a rowing machine can provide that all round fitness that people look for.
Fit2run holds both Model C and Model D Concept 2 rowing machines in their range. We have just added some more Model D, Concept 2 rowers to our fitness equipment range so if you are looking at rowing over the winter and want to consider to hire a rower, the friendly team at Fit2Run can help.
Concept 2 has this to say about the benefits of rowing:
Involvement of many muscle groups – Rowing uses upper body, lower body and core muscle groups, thereby creating a large demand for calories. In addition, muscles continue to burn extra calories for a while after you finish exercising. The more muscles you use in your exercise, the more muscles will continue to burn these extra calories.
Strength as well as cardiovascular exercise – In addition to being a terrific cardiovascular exercise, rowing will also build your strength. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have, the better off you will be in terms of calorie-burning.
Smooth, impact-free exercise – The smooth rhythmic nature of the rowing motion, and the lack of pounding and impact, make rowing the kind of exercise that you can do for the rest of your life. If you have old injuries, or joint problems, rowing is an excellent choice of exercise. You can also do longer workouts with rowing than with some other forms of exercise which are harder on the body. The longer you work out at any given level of exertion, the more calories you will burn.
We currently have rowers in stock.
Call us now on 09 2813541 to discuss or hire a rower..
Correct Rowing Machine Stroke
Are you wondering how to correctly use your rower? Here’s some tips for best practice.
The first movement when using a rowing machine is called the “Catch”
- Firstly, seat yourself on the rowing machine adjusting the foot straps if needed. You are ready to go!
- When rowing make sure your arms are straight; your head is neutral; and your shoulders are level and not hunched.
- Your Upper body should be leaning forward from the hips with the shoulders
in front of the hips.
- Your shins need to be vertical, or as close to vertical as is comfortable for you. The Shins should not move beyond perpendicular.
- Your Heels may lift as needed.
The second part of the movement is the “Drive”
- Start the drive by pressing with your legs, and then swing the back through the vertical position before finally adding the arm pull.
- The Hands should move in a straight line to and from the flywheel.
- Your Shoulders are to remain low and relaxed.
To Finish the movement
- Your upper body is leaning back slightly, using good support from
the core muscles.
- The legs are extended and the handle is held lightly below your ribs.
- Your Shoulders should be low with wrists and grip relaxed and the Wrists should be flat.
We include here the link for the video to watch the demonstration of this techniques given by the Concept 2 site.
If you are looking to get going with rowing we currently have model C and D Concept 2 rowing machines in stock.
Call us on 09 281 3541 to get rowing.
One of our Concept 2 rowing machine rental clients sent us the following message:
“…Thanks for the most hassle free and nice service I’ve received in too long…Thanks for the many kms of exercise.”
It’s always great to receive such great feedback. At fit2run we really value our clients and go the extra mile to help you with your fitness goals and program.
It’s true that we carry only the best rowing machines on the market- the Concept 2 rower, and for those who are interested in rowing as a form of exercise you can’t go past the range of rowing machines.
These rowers are the only rowers you will find in a gym or a rowing club. Many people who are looking to hire a rower will recognise that this is the best on offer.
Rowing technique is important but is easy to master. For those of you who are needing some guidance as to the correct rowing technique her is a link to follow which should help.
Why hire from us? – At fit2 run we keep aim to keep our rower hire rates highly competitive so that we provide you with the best rowing machines on offer at the best prices.
Feel free to call us if you are looking for an outstanding rowing machine for your exercise program.
Fit2run staff are well known to try to go the extra mile to help out where possible.
With winter on its way there’s much more interest in setting up the fitness routine at home so that you maintain fitness over the winter months.
Treadmills are alway a popular rental over the winter. For those who are considering a really good all over workout hiring a rower may be another option. Rowers are a very low impact exercise choice that works efficiently to strengthen upper and lower body muscle groups. Why consider a rower?
- Rowing exercises all of your major muscle groups: legs, arms, back, abdomen and buttocks.
- Rowing exercises muscles through a wider range of motion than most other exercises. This means that your muscles stretch and your joints move to a greater extent, thereby promoting flexibility and mobility.
- Rowing provides aerobic and anaerobic conditioning as well as strength conditioning.
- Rowing is a great calorie burner. Recent studies show that rowing burns calories faster than biking at the same perceived level of exertion.
Whether you already row or are are considering rowing to keep in shape, lose weight, cross-train for another sport, compete on the water or rehabilitate from injury, rowing is the all round exercise for you.
Arms, legs, chest, back, abdominals. Your whole body gets a complete workout from the efficient, rhythmic motion of rowing. Rowing is such a great exercise in so many different ways.
- Low-impact (easy on the knees and ankles)
- High calorie burner (because it uses so many muscle groups)
- Great for joint health (joints move through a wide range of motion)
- Upper body (completes the stroke)
- Lower body (the legs initiate the drive)
- Works the back and abdominals too!
- Aerobic fitness
We have the leading Concept 2 rowers in stock from just $20 per week give us a call today and get rowing!